Monday 31 March 2014

10mm ACW: The Grand Review: Part 4: The Cavalry And The Commanders

Now for the cavalry and generals. I resent having to paint horses - so much more painting but still only one figure! And don't mention artillery limbers. Having to paint them is a deal-breaker for me when it comes to choosing rules.


The Confederates. I've done bases for mounted and dismounted, but I'm not sure it was worth the effort. Of course, it depends on the rules and level. At least having them gives me some flexibility.

The cavalry figures are less varied than in the infantry because that was what was available at the time. The flags are paper stuck over the cast-on metal ones.

The Federals. Aargh! One stand of dismounted figures missing. I don't know how that happened. Perhaps it dropped off the table into a wastebin at some point...

Same trick with the flags on the Federals
It has to be Robert E Lee. The commanders are mounted on coins.
The large base could represent a divisional commander and the smaller ones brigade commanders, but it will depend on what level the game represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment